Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dolling up ordinary finds

For my booth in Merchant Square, I like to doll up ordinary finds and make them extraordinary.  Here are some examples:
The tall glass dome and base were a find a few months ago.  It originally was dirty glass on a wood base.  I cleaned it up, painted the base and added a clear knob with a pearl in top.  That way it can easily be lifted off without fingerprints in order to change the display inside.  It is now a cloche for displaying your favorite items.
This bottle is an old Fletcher's Castoria bottle -- remember that awful stuff??  My mom had that in the medicine cabinet (this is not my mom's bottle).  It tasted awful!!  I digress!!  I covered the bottle with pretty lace and embellished it with old earrings, some satin roses in my favorite colors and a pretty vintage pink ribbon necktie.
Looks great in the dome, don't you think????
Next up is this single glove I found in a pile of fabrics.  I had long ago seen Beth Quinn decorate a glove -- in fact, I think I saw it at Art Unraveled last year.  Anyway, I decided to decorate up this pretty glove and make it a piece to either hang or display in your favorite room!  It has an old lacey hankie coming out of the top, a bit of old lace with a ribbon rose and a sparkly button glued on.  Perfect touch!

These will be in my booth at Merchant Square by Tuesday of this week.  This coming weekend is another fabulous 3-day sale at Merchants.  Don't miss it!  We have a lot of wonderful dealers in there with lots of goodies for your home, art work, favorite collectables, or crafts.

5 comments:

Dorthe said...

Judy,
it looks so beautifull, the dome, with your wonderfull dressed bottle. And the glove is a wonderfull eyecandy, too.
Good luck, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Beautifull, very nice, Chany

Susan said...

So beautiful - wish I lived closer and could visit Merchant Sq.
Susan

Robin said...

What a beautiful display your booth must be.....like Susan, wish I lived closer and could shop at Merchant Square.

Holly Loves Art said...

Beautiful Judy. You have the touch!
Have a lovely week ahead.
Holly